Did you ever wonder what is so special about drinking green tea? Well let us tell you the top 8 reasons for drinking Green Tea:
- Cancer– Helps reduce the chances of getting cancer. Green tea is filled with antioxidants that help keep cancer cells from taking over your body.
- Skin– Helps your skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet sun rays which can be harmful and cause skin cancer. The antioxidants in green tea are effective whether you drink or apply it directly to your skin. It has also been used to treat cuts, scrapes or bites since tea is a natural antiseptic that relieves itching and swelling.
- Fat– Burns fat and boasts your metabolism for weight loss.
- Brain- Helps fight Parkinson and Alzheimer “According to a 2012 study published in the Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharacology, there is significant evidence that free radicals play a role in the development of Alzheimer’s disease and that the polyphenols in green tea can help fight these free radicals. Researchers found that polyphenols can help prevent the buildup of brain-damaging proteins, as well as help prevent memory loss. A study published in the Natural Medicine Journal found that participants who took daily 360-mg capsules of green tea extract along with 60-mg of I-theanine (an amino acid also found in tea) had improved memory and attention spans, even if they had started to lose both.” Orenstien, 2012.
- Energy– Green tea is loaded with caffeine which can boost your energy levels.
- Bones– Preserves your bone density by the high fluoride content that is found in green tea. Can help against osteoporosis and other bone problems.
- Heart-Lowers your cholesterol which can prevent you from having heart disease and a stroke. Even after a heart attack, it prevents cell deaths and speeds up the recovery of heart cells.
- Mouth– “A number of studies, including one of 940 men in Japan, show that drinking green tea regularly can lead to a healthy mouth because tea’s catechins can actually help kill mouth bacteria.
Mouth bacteria can turn the sugar in foods into plaque, and plaque produces acids that can cause tooth decay. Catechins may also help kill the bacteria that can cause bad breath.” Orenstien, 2012.
So remember the next time you’re going to take a drink, pass the green tea please!
We carry an extensive line of loose leaf green tea. You can choose from: Blueberry, Blue Mango, Green Chai, Crime of Passion, Dragon Pearls, Formosa Gunpowder, Ginger, Japanese Sencha, Jasmine with Flowers, Lavender Butterfly China, Long Island Strawberry, Mountain Dragon China, Niagara Peach Sencha, Pomegranate Hibiscus, Strawberry, Vanilla, Berry tea sampler, and Steamed Darjeeling Green Tea.
To buy our teas click on our link:
For more information about Green Tea Facts: